2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2009 4:47 PM by rbonn

Report Writer External db connection

rbonn

I would like to have the ability to use the advanced sql feature in conjunction with an external db. Thanks

• Re: Report Writer External db connection
          denny.lecompte

I can see why you want that, but I'm not sure we'd want to do this.  It would put Report Writer in the position of being a general SQL reporting tool, not just an Orion reporting tool.  That goes beyond our charter.

Can I ask what problem you're trying to solve?  We might be able to help in some other way.

• Re: Report Writer External db connection
              rbonn

I would like to have the ability to farm data directly out of the NCM database as well as external databases.

Also, I have been trying to make Orion our primary management system. My organization is heavy on ITIL and  I would like to use Orions UI as a method of displaying KPI/CSF. Using data from the APM, NPM, NCM, and VOIP Monitor, I can post about 75% of all SLA metrics for each service line. It is the 25% that i am struggling to port into Orions UI.

I know this might be a reach outside of the Orion charter, but I would like to suggest SW start looking at incorporating some ITIL methodology into the design.

Having access to the NCM db would be a great start.