Do you have EW enabled only at the chassis level or also on some ports as well?
I believe it is only enabled on the chassis level.
Interface Role Name Usage Lvl Imp Type
--------- ---- ---- ----- --- --- ----
WS-C3750-48P Test_Enegywise 89.0 (W) 10 1 parent
I noticed the Interface column is blank.
If I go into the only interface that connects to something, I get these results:
importance A rating of the importance this EnergyWise entity has in the
keywords EnergyWise keywords associated with this entity
level Set the EnergyWise level of this interface or attached entity
name EnergyWise name for this entity
role The role this EnergyWise entity has in the network
Not sure what, if anything, I should config for the interface. Any suggestions???
Fogot to mention, that this switch does not have any interfaces being monitored in Orion. Just CPU.
You will need to go into the port configuration and enable there
EnergyWise today is more about PoE port level power usage, less at the chassis level
I have a 3560 PoE with energywise now enabled. Orion refuses to see it as even running on that switch. I even walked through the manage nodes "enable energywise" wizard and it showed my that the script ran successfully. I have some IP Phones in use on some of the ports, and i have a power level 8 set on a per port basis. I can do a show energywise on the switch CLI and I can see that it is running properly and giving me some good info.
No matter what I do, Orion still does not see that the switch has energywise running on it. It keeps walking me through that wizard to enable it.
We are running: NPM 9.5 SP1
NCM 5.5 w/integration
What version of IOS is running on it?
After doing the "manage energywise" task - or after configuring by hand,
do a rediscover task from the other actions menu. That's how I get my switches to move from "Capable" to "Enabled".
Then: NPM must be monitoring the ports with energywise and PoE for it to report on their power consumption. Just having Orion monitor the switch and having energywise turned on on the switch and port is not enough.
Might all be obvious stuff you've already tried, but those're all parts of my learning curve with this.
That did the trick!
I did a rediscover task, and then re-ran the enable energywise script. Orion is now seeing it as enabled. I already had all the interfaces being monitored, so that wasn't it.
I guess rediscovering the node first is the key. Thank you so much ljenkins!