This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NetFlow failing to start in 9.5 sp1

Anyone else having issues with Netflow services refusing to start since 9.5 sp1? It was fine until the latest patch. Have a support case open with tech support but even a roll back has not fixed the issue. Wondering if anyone else had an issue and if they were able to fix?

• I have not heard of any other reports, please open a support ticket to investigate

• I did open a ticket (100607) prior to posting and support cannot figure it out with debugs etc. . . understand other people have reported issue to support as well, so looking to see where others may have gotten.

• Bug in Netflow. If you mark something as unmanaged it causes the whole netflow service to crash. Fix is to either remanage the device or to delete the device from netflow and re-add when managed again.

I guess development now has as a bug to fix in some future version.

• Hi.  I was just wondering where Solarwinds is at in terms of getting a fix for this bug.  Everytime I have to bring down the solarwinds services, I have to re-manage all our routers that are un-managed (other devices don't seem to affect Netflow), bring Netflow back up, then un-manage everything again.  We can have as many as 30 routers un-managed at any given time, so it's really time consuming.  Also, how can I tell how long a device has been un-managed for?  When I re-manage the devices using the web console, it doesn't tell me how long it was set to be un-managed for, so I don't know how long to put back in the un-managed state for.

Thanks!

Mary

• What version of NTA are you running?  According to our tracking system, this issue was resolved in NTA 3.5.

• That explains it.  I just upgraded to NPM 9.5 last night, so I haven't upgraded NTA from 3.1 to 3.5 yet.  That answers my question.  Thanks!  Is there another option to tell how long a device has been un-managed without creating a query in the database?