3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2009 4:25 PM by viol8tor

TriggerQueryDesign -

viol8tor

Is there any documentation for the TriggerQueryDesign Field in the AlertDefinitions Table?

I would like to implement a TriggerQuery that does a self join.

The query itself is very simple and would allows me to implement programatic site based suppression, which in the end will eliminate a couple of hundred advanced alerts.

Thanks,

- v

• Re: TriggerQueryDesign -
          viol8tor

In hindsight, I guess the question really should be whether the TriggerQueryDesign XML has to match the TriggerQuery. 

Is there any documentation for the TriggerQueryDesign Field in the AlertDefinitions Table?

In answer to this part, we do not document the database structure. It is by far preferred not to do direct calls to the database, and for us to provide tools for customers to do so is not advisable.

viol8tor

In answer to this part, we do not document the database structure. It is by far preferred not to do direct calls to the database, and for us to provide tools for customers to do so is not advisable.

I can appreciate the company's stance on certain items, but your response sends a mixed message on the cooperative nature of this product. You have a forum, ask users to share reports, share universal devices pollers, share custom ASP .net pages and other items that allow the user base to be much more self sufficient. (Which to a greater extent, Solarwinds is the beneficiary of the user base provided content.) I don't think asking for an explanation of the XML file being generated is too much to ask for... Actually, I only care for an explanation if the TriggerQuery is dependent of the TriggerQueryDesign. Otherwise, it's a moot point.