9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 8:38 AM by demiurge

UnDP reference...?

Is there a good reference for UnDP and how it can be displayed in Orion? For example, how can I display more than 1 custom poller on a node page with out putting up the summary status resource multiple times? (In this case, one OID for NTP synch another for OID for NTP status. Values return fine but I can only display one or the other on the node page unless I have multiple resources. Note: these are really just state info - I'm not graphing or tracking.)

Thanks in advance,

Will

• Re: UnDP reference...?
          bshopp

Besides product documention, have you seen the tutorial on the website here

Yes - the tutorial basically walked me through the production documentation.

Do you know why the universal device poller summary status will not allow more than one custom poller to be chosen? I want to be able to see all of the custom pollers that apply to one node in one resource. I've seen screen shots all over thwack that make it look like it can be done but I've no idea how and the admin GUI won't let me. (npm 9.5.0)

Thanks for the response and any help you can offer!

Will

Apologies - found where the other resources were stashed. Not sure I understand the logic but I can get to where I need to go...

Will

(Back to muddling through...)

demiurge

I'm looking to do this as well.  Could you share how you accomplished it?

Thanks.

pacetti

There is a Universal Device Poller Status resource that is available for Node and Interface Details views. For any viewed node or interface, the Universal Device Poller Status resource lists the following information for each poller assigned to the viewed node or interface:

• Poller Name
                          • Current Status
                          • Last Polled (time and date)

To add this resource:

1. Using an account with administrative privileges, log in to the Orion Web Console.
                          2. Click Admin in the Views toolbar.
                          3. Click Manage Views in the Views grouping on the Orion Website Administration view.
                          4. Select the view (Interface Details or Node Details) to which you want to add the Universal Device Poller Status resource, and then click Edit.
                          5. Click + next to the column to which you want to add the Universal Device Poller Status resource.
                          6. If you are adding the resource to an Interface Details view, expand Interface Details Reports, and then check Universal Device Poller Status.
                          7. If you are adding the resource to a Node Details view, expand Node Details Reports, and then check Universal Device Poller Status.
                          8. Click Submit on the Add Resources to View Column view.
                          9. Click Done.

Your assigned pollers should be listed in the added resource on the view to which you added the Universal Device Poller Status resource.

byrona

Can you please let the rest of us struggling folks out here know where you found these resources?  If you do we will hail you and treat you as our king!  = )