2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 3:15 PM by pguenther

All Nodes Grouping Questions

pguenther

I am having trouble with grouping nodes in different ways for different views. I want a particular Server view to group by Server --> Type --> Website, but I want network folks to use grouping of Location --> Type --> Something else. How do I group thing differently for different views? Everytime I edit is on one view it seems to change it for all of them. Also can you group more than three levels deep? Can a node belong to more than one group? IE - a web server that is in two different web site groups. I am using mostly custom properties for all of this.

• Re: All Nodes Grouping Questions
          lchance

I believe three levels is all you can go.

The ALL NODES views are networkwide, meaning any changes are appied to all users.

However, I have an ALL NODES view copied for a seperate user-group working in a single state (U.S.) and made a SQL filter in that view to prevent them seeing 'all'. They only see their nodes. I would think you could some somthing similar then use your Custom Properties for that user-group's nodes to build on those three levels.

There again, I think a node could belong to more than one group if you made an SQL filter to include rather than exclude it.

• Re: All Nodes Grouping Questions
              pguenther

I have their views restricted to their nodes/servers. Problem is they want to see things organized by what website each server belongs to and if it is a web server vs sql server etc. I have the All Nodes view set up for the full admin view of site location, device type. I was hoping to be able to give them a different type of grouping.