2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2009 8:15 AM by denny.lecompte

Difference between NetFlowSummary tables?

sotherls

I am trying to create a report which will show me total traffic by IP group (or range) and had been using the NetFlowSummary1 table but not sure that it is getting all of the data.

Can someone explain the difference between the NetFlowSummary1, NetFlowSummary2, NetFlowSummary3 tables and the NetFlowSummary view?

If I wanted to run a total byte traffic report for the past 30 days on a range of IP's which one would I use as the source?

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Re: Difference between NetFlowSummary tables?
          freemen

This is a good question, but I see that no one has answered yet.

Anyone?

• Re: Difference between NetFlowSummary tables?
              denny.lecompte

Here's a description from Dev:

NetFlowSummary1 - This table holds the summarized historical data for the first collapse level.  The data are collapsed and moved to the NetFlowSummary2 table after certain number of hours. The data in this table summarizes a 24 hours traffic by default. (CollapseTrigger2InHours option in NetFlowGlobalSettings = 24)

NetFlowSummary2 - This table holds the summarized historical data for the second collapse level.  The data are collapsed and moved to the NetFlowSummary3 table after certain number of days. The data in this table summarizes a 3 days traffic by default. (CollapseTrigger3InDays option in NetFlowGlobalSettings = 3)

NetFlowSummary3 - This table holds the summarized historical data for the third collapse level.  The data are deleted after certain number of days. The data in this table summarizes a 30 days traffic by default. (RetainCompressedDataInDays option in NetFlowGlobalSettings = 30)

NetFlowSummary is a logical union of this 3 table to refer them all in once.