SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor 9.5 - Service Pack 1
This service pack requires Orion Network Performance Monitor 9.5 (Orion NPM 9.5), and it should be installed on all Orion Network Performance Monitor servers, including any and all Additional Poller, Additional Website, and Hot Standby servers.
Orion NPM version 9.5 Service Pack 1 addresses the following issues:
- 95th percentile reports now properly respect user account limitations.
- An OID has been added to the SolarWinds MIB database to fix an error that would cause the trap service to stop responding.
- Maps displayed in the web console, including nested maps, now correctly respect account limitations.
- An error message has been provided to indicate when listing the interfaces on a selected node will exceed the license.
- The Configuration Wizard now allows Unicode SQL User Names.
- Edits to settings, including both the Default Interface Poll and the Default Rediscovery Intervals, on the Orion Polling Settings page are now recognized properly.
- A memory leak created during initialization of a third-party control has been fixed.
- Network Atlas now allows manual editing of font sizes.
- Configured changes to the Network Atlas ribbon are now retained through an upgrade.
- Edits to the Network Map resource titles are now retained through an upgrade.
- The Search for Wireless Clients resource has been updated.
- The calculation of energy savings on EnergyWise Power Consumption Summary reports has been corrected.
- A condition where data is missing from some EnergyWise graphs has been fixed.
- It is now possible to maintain the Orion Web Console alongside multiple other websites on supported operating systems, provided each website is on its own port.
- The Advanced Alert Manager now provides the correct Current Levels for alerts on EnergyWise entities.
- Tooltips on nested maps in the Network Map resource of the web console now display as designed.
- The List of Objects on Network Map resource properly respects user account limitations.
- Monitored thin access points are no longer removed from the List of Thin Access Points resource when they go down.
- Difference and counter calculations used in wireless resources have been corrected.
- The Traps view of the web console properly respects user account limitations.
- Correct percent packet loss values are now reported on the Average Response Time & Packet Loss resource.
- Customized Top XX resources on the Top 10 view of the web console now display correct titles.
- An issue resulting in data apparently missing from some wireless resources has been fixed.
- The Toolset integration executable has been updated, and it is now signed.
- EnergyWise Readiness Reports now display "Yes" and "No", instead of "0" and "1", respectively.
- Network Wide Average Response Time charts now properly respect custom time period settings.
- The performance of some web console resources has been improved to decrease response and load times.
- A condition causing an Orion Website Error when a listed IP address is clicked in a Last XX Traps resource has been fixed.
- The Search Wireless Nodes resource has been included with this service pack.
- The Bulk Upload network discovery selection method now functions correctly.
- Adding a wireless access point using the Add Node feature of Web Node Management now proceeds as designed.
- Wireless resources now properly respect user account limitations.
- When a link is assigned to a single node on a Network Atlas map, the assignment is now saved and the link itself provides a hyperlink to the appropriate Node Details web console view.
- An issue regarding the maximum power consumption line on EnergyWise resources has been corrected.
- An improved method is now used to detect EnergyWise-enabled devices running an unsupported IOS.
- An issue that could suspend polling or rediscovery started from Web Node Management has been fixed.
- The SQL Server Compatibility Level is now checked and then reset, if needed.
- Errors found while running the Configuration Wizard on a repair have been fixed.
To install this service pack, run Orion-9.5-Update.exe or Orion-9.5-Update-Eval.exe.
The following files, using the default installation path <Volume:>\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion, are updated during the installation of this service pack:
Reports\95th Percentile Traffic Rate - Last 7 Days.OrionReport
Reports\95th Percentile Traffic Rate - Last_Month.OrionReport
Reports\95th Percentile Traffic Rate - This_Month.OrionReport
For more information, contact Technical Support at www.solarwinds.com/support.