18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 8:10 AM by rshell

I.E. Error with Orion 9.5

rshell

I'm getting this trying to manage nodes after my upgrade to 9.5.  Anyone else having this issue.  Happens from work station and on server also.

• Re: I.E. Error with Orion 9.5
          bshopp

I have not heard that from anyone else.  Have you opened a Support ticket?

rshell

I just submited a support ticket.  I'm also getting the error on the server:

Database configuration failed:   
                •  Incorrect syntax near 'EXTERNAL'. You may need to set the compatibility level of the current database to a higher value to enable this feature.
            See help for the stored procedure sp_dbcmptlevel.

Thinking very seriously about rolling back to v9.0 sp5......

rshell

the compatability level window is grayed out.  says SQL Server 2000 (80)

rshell

do you think the issues are related or 2 different issues?

bshopp

Seems like they may be related, do you have a support case open?

rshell

I do...

Your request for assistance has been received. Case #99284 - "Getting Internet Explorer Error" has been created for you. A member of our customer support team will respond to your case as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help thus far..

bshopp

OK, once you work with them and get this sorted out, please post back to the thread

rshell

OK took care of the compatability level settings, still getting same error when trying to manage nodes.  Trying SP1 right now...keeping fingers crossed.

rshell

getting this now when selecting a node.....so i got that going for me

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'NPM_NV_WL_CONTROLLERS_V'.
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
                                         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
                                         at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
                                         at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
                                         at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
                                         at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
                                         at SolarWinds.Orion.Common.SqlHelper.ExecuteDataTable(SqlCommand command, SqlConnection connection, DataTable dataTable)
                                         at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.DAL.SqlDAL.GetActiveAlerts(Nullable`1 nodeID, Boolean showAcknowledged)
                                         at Orion_NetPerfMon_Resources_NodeDetails_ActiveAlerts.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
                                         at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
                                         at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)