6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2009 8:39 AM by Peter.Cooper

Small issues

justinh

Overall, I like the product.  It's useful enough without being overblown, simple enough without being useless.

What I've noticed so far:

1.  As others, I don't like that you can add overlapped/duplicate networks at the same level.

2.  When you click the check box to select all IPs in a network, then move on to some other network, the box remains checked.

3.  When using the subnet allocation wizard, and I have the "Show subnets not already allocated" box checked, I don't want to see networks contained in larger subnets that have already been allocated.

4.  I'd like to be able to set it so that scanning is off by default, so I don't have to keep checking the box.  We allocate blocks of IPs to customers, and should never be scanning their networks.  It will help eliminate mistakes.

5.  Scanning should be more manageable.  I'd like to be able to enable SNMP scanning on only certain subnets.  I'd also like to be able to choose what community string(s) I use in a particular scan, but I don't know how feasible that would be.

Again, nice product.