4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 12:49 PM by christineb

Unable to create Alert actions.

SOcchiogrosso

I'm trying to edit/create the basic alert to send an email when Node goes down..

However when I edit the basic alert and go to the action and click on "Add Alert Action" It acts like Ive clicked on nothing I get no error message, no pop-up window nothing.

If I try to fo the same thing in the Advanced Alert I get the following error message "Run-Time Error '0'"

Any advice, if you need more information let me know.

Thanks!

• Re: Unable to create Alert actions.
          davbyrd

This sounds extremely environmental.

I suggest a repair on the NPM installation in add/remove programs.

Reapply the latest SP

Attempt your Alert Actions again.

If these steps do not help - and you have active maintenance - please open a support ticket.

Thanks and HTH,

David

SOcchiogrosso

I installed the latest update, however it still did not work.

So I repaired the isntall and all is well.

Thank you.

esamurai

My problem with Alert Manager is that a New or Edit command sends the CPU into hyperdrive: 100% for as long as I leave the process running. Do you expect that that could be environmental, as well? I am running NPM in eval mode; no support, yet. Don't know if I would be allowed to remove and replace with another download. Hard to rate the eval as good when I cannot configure Alerts.

I run Task Manager to see the process hung at 100%. Have tried shutting down NPM and everything except IE. System is old: XP SP2, Pentium4, 1G RAM. Actual production system will be beefier.

christineb

Even though this is an older thread - we know that lots of folks have questions about alerts, alerting, advanced alerts, alert actions, and so on. So, we did a whole SolarWinds Lab espisode on it. Join us at lab.solarwinds.com on June 12, 1pm Central for the episode. We'll review all types of alerts and alert actions. Plus, you can chat live with our Head Geeks before, during, and after the show. Whatever alerting question you have, we will be happy to address live. You can find out more and sign up for a calendar invite here.