3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 5:00 PM by pozurita

Export nodes

BryanBecker

I'm having a mind block here.  I need to build a new DB on one of my Orion servers.  I can't seem to figure out how to export the current node list with IP and SNMP strings to a file so I can re-import it when I have the new DB ready.

Thanks.

BB

• Re: Export nodes
          davbyrd

You can bring up the database manager, double-click on the nodes table and run a query.

(If you have more than 1000 nodes - change the default query accordingly)

Then under File - click Export - and it will give you choices on how to save it (xls, txt, etc) - and also give you the choices on which fields you want to export.

FYI there are alot of fields to "uncheck" if you just want the IP and SNMP strings.

HTH,

David

Awesome!  Thanks.  Works great.

pozurita

ok,

I followed you this far, If I want to now use that exported backupfile with selected fields how do I import it--I dont see an import feature ( I have a test box running the eval ver with 9.5 while im still on 9.1 prod) this will help build a new db without adding or using the discovery feature which still takes a while ( i only have 24 days left on the eval!)

Any help would be appreciated