This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Map status is unknown

Hi everyone!

I'm running SolarWinds NPM 9.1 SP5, and I have a problem that I can't solve by myself. A network map is in unknown state.

I have a map, let's name it map A, on wich I have a cloud that represents (is linked to) another map, let's name it map B, and on map B I have a object (a led) that represents a group of remote offices, let;s name them map C. Now the problems are:

1. The cloud on map A is with a grey yield sign, and when i Point the mouse to it's writing  "B map status is unknown network map 1 network objects".

2. When I click on the cloud and the network B is opened, the led that represent the group of remote offices (map C) is grey, and when I point the mouse to the led, it wrights "C map status is unknown network map 27 network objects"

3. I click on the led, the map C is opening, but none of the devices from the map are in Unknown or Down state. Some interfaces were in unknown state, but the device was up. I take off those interfaces from polling, but the map remains unknown.

The only way I could solve the problem was taking down the slider in the network C properties to 95%, so that the network is up if 95% of devices are up, then the led on the map B that represents map C goes green. But this solution for some reason is not acceptable for me.

I have read another posts about interfaces in unknown state, but this didn't help me to solve the problem. I tried to delete the object that reoresents map C on map B and then add it again, but this didn't solve the problem. On the network C all devices are up.

I will greatly appreciate every answer or help. This is my first time using SolarWinds  (have downloaded a trial version). The program is great, but if I wouldn't be able to solve that issue, I couldn't use it anymore for monitoring of our network. Thanks everyone !!!

P.S. Sorry for my English :-)