This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 9.5 All Nodes Resource not sorting correctly

Just installed NPM9.5 and the All Nodes Resource is no longer sorting alpha-numericly.

Anybody else notice this?

I'll open a ticket with Support.

JB

• Update - Case #97565 have been opened

Workaround:  In the Filter Nodes (SQL) field of the Resource add "order by 'Caption' asc" (no double quotes) to the end or the line.

JB

• Um, I just broke the page emoticons_sad.png Now I get the follow error.. Any idea how to fix this?

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'order'.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
       at SolarWinds.Orion.Common.SqlHelper.ExecuteDataTable(SqlCommand command, DataTable dataTable)
       at SolarWinds.Orion.Common.SqlHelper.ExecuteDataTable(SqlCommand command)
       at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.DAL.SqlDAL.GetAllNodes(String filter)
       at Orion_NetPerfMon_Resources_NodeSummary_AllNodes.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  • Nevermind,  I figured it out. Thanks!

• FYI - This was fixed in 9.5 SP2 you MUST remove "order by 'Caption' asc" from all resourse BEFORE upgrading.

JB

• Has anyone been able to get this working???

I'm trying to sort my nodes with the web page under <Nodes with Problems>.

I'm running NPM 9.5-sp2

I use to be able to modify the following file:

<C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\NetPerfMon\Resources\0-1-NodeLists\01-AllNodes.Resource> however, this does not work any more.

I'm pretty sure that this file has been changed too:

<C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\Resources\NodeSummary\AllNodes.ascx or AllNodes.ascx.cs> but I'm unsure how to get the "ORDER BY" statement in here???

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.