This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 9.5 and Jobengine having multiple instances

Hi you Guru's,

I thought let's try and ask my question here because unfortunately my "case" supervisor is not responding anymore...(probably left early for the weekend)

I upgraded my NPM 9.1 SP5 installation to 9.5 (just before i needed to apply SP3 to my SQL 2005 environment)

After the installation almost directly the server had a CPU usage of 100% for several hours.
I discovered that the Job engine had multiple sessions open so i stopped the service and the problem was gone........(nice work around but hardly a solution emoticons_wink.png )

I recorded a "case" (97428) after which I was asked to repair my installation of NPM and APM which I did.
I am still having the issue ....anybody any suggestions.

• I experienced the same issue and didn't see it clear up until about six hours after the upgrade to 9.5 was completed.

• You lucky one...
    It started yesterday afternoon and i am still having it.....

Anybody any solutions???

• I recorded a "case" (97428) after which I was asked to repair my installation of NPM and APM which I did.
    I am still having the issue ....anybody any suggestions.

Mars,

Please check your e-mail for further activity on this case. The technician responded to you a little while ago, and that may get you further along.

• Just checked my mail

Answer was ...

"This could due to the fact of the Wireless poller.
    Could you try to remove nodes for Wireless APs and see if this has helped?

There will be a fix for this issue in Service Pack 1 for Orion 9.5."

After 2 days of release their will be already a SP ???
    I have shut down the jobengine again......

• Checked this morning still running.....(more than 24 hours).

• I was suggested by support to reinstall the jobengine.
    It finally did the trick thanks for the support!!

Below the description for you out there that are having the same issue

"uninstall the JobEngine and reinstall it again.

Uninstall:
    Please open Add\Remove Software and scroll to SolarWinds Job Engine 1.3 and remove this installation.

Install:
    You will find the installation filr for the Job Engine here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Solarwinds\Installers\JobEngine.msi

This will reinstall the JobEngine and once done reboot the server."

• Just installed SP1 and unfortionatly issue is acuring again...... :-(
    I will do this reinstall of the jobengine again today and will keep you all informed

• If this happens again, before you do anything, please grab diags and upload them to support 

• Too late..........

I did a de-installation of the jobengine already.

This did the Job until...........
    I noticed my Wireless devices where not shown in the wireless section.
    I initiated a rediscovery on some of them (about 30) and guess what CPU load back to 100% for a longer period. This morning it was ok again.

Due to the fact i like the wireless part i will have to initiate a rediscovery for all other wireless devices.
    Will do it in steps today...but it is a weird way to get the full features of the version (no automatic polling or rediscovery of these devices).

Greets,

• OK, we have also released 9.5 SP1, might want to apply that as well if you have not already