1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2009 1:23 PM by Yann

Domain information issue

cherry01

When I am looking at our top domains I have an issue with our companyname.eu.com not being displayed individually but being included within eu.com.

I would really like the companyname.eu.com to be displayed individually?

Any ideas what is the best way to achieve this?

Other domains like google.com, bskyb.com, llnw.net etc display correctly.

• Re: Domain information issue
          Yann

Hi,

There are some "3/4-levels" domains on the NTA Online Demo such as                                                       login.oscar.aol.com or email.corp.hdq so I would first think this is a configuration issue in your environment, but I am not sure.

When you perform a reverse lookup on the ip addresses that belong to the companyname.eu.com from the Orion/NTA server, do you only get the machinename.eu.com resolution or the one expected? If this the case then the DNS servers have a configuration problem or they are not configured properly on the Orion/NTA server.

NTA logs are stored in the \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\swdebug.log.X files .

They might contain errors about the DNS resolution of these endpoints.

If not it is possible increase the logging level of the NTA module \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\LogAdjuster.exe

I suggest you open a support ticket and attach the diagnostics once received the email confirmation.

Regards,

Yann