This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Domain information issue

When I am looking at our top domains I have an issue with our companyname.eu.com not being displayed individually but being included within eu.com.

I would really like the companyname.eu.com to be displayed individually?

Any ideas what is the best way to achieve this?

Other domains like google.com, bskyb.com, llnw.net etc display correctly.

• Hi,

There are some "3/4-levels" domains on the NTA Online Demo such as login.oscar.aol.com or email.corp.hdq so I would first think this is a configuration issue in your environment, but I am not sure.

When you perform a reverse lookup on the ip addresses that belong to the companyname.eu.com from the Orion/NTA server, do you only get the machinename.eu.com resolution or the one expected? If this the case then the DNS servers have a configuration problem or they are not configured properly on the Orion/NTA server.

NTA logs are stored in the \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\swdebug.log.X files .

They might contain errors about the DNS resolution of these endpoints.

If not it is possible increase the logging level of the NTA module \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\LogAdjuster.exe

I suggest you open a support ticket and attach the diagnostics once received the email confirmation.

Regards,

Yann