This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion NPM 9.5 installer is telling me there is module incompatibility issue. What should I do?

If you have already upgraded all Orion modules to the required version and Orion 9.5 still won't continue with upgrade, you may have the 5.0 version of the Orion NCM integration module for NPM installed.

To resolve this issue so you may complete the Orion NPM 9.5 upgrade, perform the following steps:

1. Locate the Orion 9.5 Install Log (by default, this log is located in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds) and search for the following text:
    NCMPluginVersion is [1.00.0000]

Entering CompareStringVersions( "1.00.0000", "5.1")
  2. Open Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
  3. Uninstall Solarwinds Orion NCM Plugins
  4. Complete your Orion 9.5 upgrade.
  5. Install the Orion NCM Integration for NPM version 5.5 located in your Orion NCM download package.

You can also find these instructions in the following KB: support.solarwinds.com/.../ProblemDetail.cfm

• This will also occur if you've upgraded NCM to 5.5 and run the NPM/NCM integration tool prior to upgrading to NPM 9.5

If that happens, simply uninstall the NCM Plugins from add/remove programs - then run the NPM 9.5 installer.

Once completed with 9.5 - re-run the integration tool.

• This is happening to me, but I'm trying to upgrade to version 10.  When I attempt to uninstall the NCM Plugins via Add/Remove Programs, a DOS window pops up for about a half a second and then disappears and the plugins remain.