2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2009 2:29 PM by rtdi

NPM 9.5 Job Scheduler

rtdi

Does NPM 9.5 correct all of the issues introduced in 9.1 with Job Scheduler?
      Issue continuous starting and stopping of the Job Scheduler service.

I tried the JobEngine.sdf replacement with out success.

• Re: NPM 9.5 Job Scheduler
          casey.schmit

The Job Engine that ships with 9.5 is an improvement of the one that shipped with 9.1.  Problems with the JobEngine.sdf file have mostly disappeared with this release.  However, in some cases, we've seen problems where the Microsoft SQL CE install has been modified.  Usually doing a repair of via add/remove programs has been sufficient to resolve the issue. 

If that doesn't work for you, I'd suggest you open a support ticket(and please provide diagnostics) and we should be able to get you past any problems pretty quickly.

• Re: NPM 9.5 Job Scheduler
              rtdi

After Servicepack 5 and this proceduer from Yann jobengine is running with out error and my pollers work.

Richard,

I sent an email to Ashley to have more information about this specific file.

Meanwhile could you try the following?

1) Empty the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngine\Data\ folder.

2) Run the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers\JobEngine.msi

and the JobEngineSPX.msp to apply the latest patch.

3) Check if the service can start.

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,

Yann

Case # 97210