3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 10:52 AM by bshopp

Feature Request

KCWayner

Maybe it is already there, but I haven't seen it.  I would like to request, since NPM is required for IPAM that there be a report with what the differences are between the two dbs.  We have people adding servers here and there but I never get a notice about them.  I have to scan the network to find them and then add them to NPM.  I am monitoring our Users VLAN and don't want to have them in NPM, but would like to know about changes on the Server VLANs.  Since IPAM is doing a scheduled scan it seems logical that it could validate its info with NPM.  I know you can scan and add in NPM, I would like a more scheduled way to see what is going on.

Tell me if I am way off base.

• Re: Feature Request
          bshopp

First NPM and IPAM use the same DB.  We do log to the IPAM Events table when an IP status or value changes.  You can see these events in the Last XX IPAM Events on the IPAM Summary page and there is also a report available to access this as well.

• Re: Feature Request
              KCWayner

Ok.  I see those.  It just isn't very convenient to access it those ways.  What I would like is a report of when an IP goes active within Subnets that were not in NPM but need to be added.  Combing through all the events takes time and then to have to verify if they are already there or not is time consuming.  I was just hoping for some report to compare what was in both.