This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Memory usage charts do not match

Hello,

maybe the answer is the same like in >100% Usage, but in that case the chart description seems to be wrong.

A colleague told me that the memory utilization chart seems to be wrong for his Win2003 Server, so I compared all physical memory charts for this server and thy do not really match

Here is the chart for the generall memory utilization

Here are the two charts from the "physical Memory drive"

So the shapes look similar, but the values are differnt - why?

the "physical drive" seem to have the correct values.

BR

Oliver

• Hi Oliver,

The "Memory" Usage and the "Physical Memory" Utilization are calculated differently by Orion NPM.

Memory:

The Memory is the sum of the memory used by the processes listed in the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB:hrSWRunPerfTable (1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1).

The OID used is the hrSWRunPerfMem (1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1.1.2).

Physical Memory:

The Physical Memory is calculated based on the values populated in the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB:hrStorageTable (1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.2.3).

The OIDs used are hrStorageSize (1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.5), hrStorageUsed (1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.6) and hrStorageAllocationUnits (1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.4) .

Depending how the SNMP agent on the host is reporting values, it can lead to some discrepancies between the two results.

I would advise you to use the most accurate between both and unmanage the other element.

Results will vary depending of the plaftorms.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Yann

• Great, that help :-)

Thx & BR

• Hi guys,

We also have the same issue with conflicting results from the radial dial (CPU & Memory Utilization) v Physical & Virtual (Volume Utilization) . It seems that the simplest way to remove the incorrect radial dial erroneos value is to unmanage this as suggested above, but this is tied to the CPU tracking. So if we lose the incorect memory, we also lose the correct CPU logging. Is there a way to only deselect the memory part of the CPU & Memory Utilization check box?

Or will this be repaired, made consistent, or made an option soon?

Thanks
    Robert