2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2009 2:03 PM by Geoo

Netflow Reciever Status Down

I just noticed this morning that our Netflow Reciever Status is DOWN.  Yet, I cannot find how to turn it up.  I looked in the documentation, but could not find anything.  Also, which log could i look back through to see why it went down?  The last collection data was from 4 days ago.

Thanks

• Re: Netflow Reciever Status Down
          Yann

Hi,

You should check the System, Application and Solarwinds.Net event logs.

The log file \Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\swdebug.log(.x) should give you the exact error as well.

HTH,

Yann

• Re: Netflow Reciever Status Down

I checked those logs and didnt find anything for the time/date stamp.  Had the system admin reboot the box.  It started collecting again.  Then today 5-27, I noticed that it stopped collecting again on 5-21 at approx 6:00pm.  Reviewed the logs in the event viewer and the files in the directory that you suggested and none of them had a date/time stamp for 5/21 at 6:00pm. 

What could be causing my Netflow collectors to stop collecting data?  Obviously I dont use them every day but I am collecting for my boss and dread the day that he questions me and I have no data for him.