This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow Reciever Status Down

I just noticed this morning that our Netflow Reciever Status is DOWN.  Yet, I cannot find how to turn it up.  I looked in the documentation, but could not find anything.  Also, which log could i look back through to see why it went down?  The last collection data was from 4 days ago.

Thanks

• Hi,

You should check the System, Application and Solarwinds.Net event logs.

The log file \Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\swdebug.log(.x) should give you the exact error as well.

HTH,

Yann

• I checked those logs and didnt find anything for the time/date stamp.  Had the system admin reboot the box.  It started collecting again.  Then today 5-27, I noticed that it stopped collecting again on 5-21 at approx 6:00pm.  Reviewed the logs in the event viewer and the files in the directory that you suggested and none of them had a date/time stamp for 5/21 at 6:00pm. 

What could be causing my Netflow collectors to stop collecting data?  Obviously I dont use them every day but I am collecting for my boss and dread the day that he questions me and I have no data for him.