4 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2009 10:19 AM by Junyoure

Successful Upgrade

upgraded our 5.1.1 installation about an hour ago having the following specifications:

Windows 2003 R2 SP2, x86, SQL 2005 Ent, remote database using named instances.

I'm letting the application run through a normal scheduled job cycle over the weekend and will advise Monday on the status of all the reports, graphs, etc.

Thanks to Chris and the product team for letting us help make this an awesome product.

• Re: Successful Upgrade
          chris.lapoint

Great, thanks Junyoure!   We look forward to hearing how everything is working for you next week and what you think of all the new features.   Specifically, we're hoping the "as of last update" time period enhancement on charts gives you what you were expecting.

Chris,

"As of last update" rocks!  I've given the application a few days to run through a schedule cycle of weekly startup,  nightly backups, and policy reporting and all the graphs are updating comlpetely as expected.  As of lasat update is a good name for the view, as we've made changes over two days and my configs are steadily growing out of sync as expected.  The policy trending graph is great as well for remediation efforts related to our compliace requirements.

A few anomalies I've noticed:

1.  Certain startup configurations still fail to download properly, and result in a truncated config in the DB.  For Internal's the related ticket to this is 91105.  Indications were that a fix for this may have been in 5.5 but it doesn't look like it made it.

2.  The web console renders an "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" when attempting to compare a running configuration to a startup config IF entered in the order (r,s)  If the 'compare configurations' widget is queried with the startup config (s) in the leftmost text box and the running config (r) in the rightmost box, the report executes as expected.

These are the only two issues I have discovered do far.  The first is admittedly another case, but one I thought was relevent to this version so I tested the behavior.  The second is newly discovered.

Awesome mods though, guys.  I have another feature request on the Policy reporting (exception handling) but that's an issue for a different thread.

...till next update,

chris.lapoint

Thanks for the follow-up.  I'm glad "as of last update" is giving you the results you were expecting.

1.  Certain startup configurations still fail to download properly, and result in a truncated config in the DB.  For Internal's the related ticket to this is 91105.  Indications were that a fix for this may have been in 5.5 but it doesn't look like it made it.

Do to the extent of the changes required to support long config lines, we had to push this to 5.5 SP1.  For internal folks, this is being tracked as #2902.

2.  The web console renders an "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" when attempting to compare a running configuration to a startup config IF entered in the order (r,s)  If the 'compare configurations' widget is queried with the startup config (s) in the leftmost text box and the running config (r) in the rightmost box, the report executes as expected.

This is definitely a bug.  Can you please open a support case on this one?