First of all, thank you for all you help in the Beta so far! It is greatly appreciated!!
Based on your beta participation, we’d like to offer you the opportunity to receive the NCM v5.5 RC build several weeks ahead of general availability.
Things to know:
- NCM 5.5 integration module will only work on NPM 9.5 website
- You cannot upgrade Beta 1 or 2. You must uninstall or install on a different machine.
- You can install the RC in production. At this point, the only bugs we are fixing are those found by customers, so if no bugs are found, the RC will be the GA build.
- Please continue to post Orion NCM 5.5 bugs to the Beta forum. Only a certain group of people have Orion NCM 5.5 RC, so posting to general Thwack threads will confuse everyone.
- You can call SolarWinds Support for Orion NCM 5.5 bugs starting today. If we can’t fix your issue on Thwack, we will probably ask you to open a regular Support ticket so that we can track it through our regular processes, but anyone installing 5.5 early will get the highest priority.
- The RC build will be upgradable to the GA build. We don’t support Beta-to-Beta upgrades or Beta-to-RC upgrades, but we absolutely will support RC-to-RC or RC-to-GA upgrades.
You can get the production version of the RC from here for your install:
Please, please let us know about any issues you find. The goal of releasing this to you early is to ensure any issues are found while the 5.5 customer base is small and we can respond rapidly. We want this to be another great release and you are a critical part of that process.
See the What’s New list below for more details about the changes made in this release.
Thanks in advance for your help!
What’s New in NCM 5.5:
- NCM Integration Module (for Orion NPM website)
- Standalone NCM web console capabilities are now available from the Orion NPM web console, including upload, download, execute script, inventory reporting, and compliance reporting. Node limitations and account view limitations are now possible!
- Ability to enable Cisco EnergyWise and configure EnergyWise policies across Cisco 2k and 3k switches running 12.2(50)SE1 and Cisco 4k switches running 12.2(52)SG(0.86)
- “As of last update” time period option is now available on chart resources (this is also implemented on NCM website)
- Policy Report Violations (over time) chart is now available
- NCM Server and Client Application
- Scheduled config purge
- Ability to setup a scheduled job to ensure you only have the last X configs for each device in the database
- Reporting enhancements
- Ability to receive config change notification details in a separate email (HTML or Text) from job results in Config Backup job
- Ability to attach reports as a PDF to email notifications in Run Report job
- Transfer enhancements
- Ability to change the default Telnet and SSH ports used by NCM to perform config management operations
- Ability to specify transfer protocol for execute script, transfer configs, and request configs separately. Previously execute script and transfer configs were combined preventing use of TFTP for uploading and SSH/Telnet for script execution.
- Platform Support
- SQL 2008 support
- Windows 2008 support
- NOTE: SQL 2000 is no longer supported
- Scheduled config purge