This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Poll interval

Hi,

I am new to Orion NPM. I have added some custom pollers to pull information from a network device. The information is pretty heavy, and I actualle only need a read-out every hour.

I know that I can change the Polling-Interval - but what will it do to my normal monitoring of the device? I still wan't to make sure that the device is up and my interfaces is up and get alarms if something is wrong. If I change the polling interval won't this be affected to?

Br
Rasmus

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

There are two intervals, status and statistics.  Universal Device Pollers use the statistics interval.  If you increase the statistics interval, you'll still be checking devices and interfaces being up more often. 

Also, the intervals are separate for nodes and interfaces, so you could increase the node statistics time without changing how often you poll interfaces for statistics.

• Ah, thats a nice feature - exactly what I needed. Thanks for quick response.