This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

A Netflow data stream from an unmanaged interface

Hi,

is there any way how to turn this event off (A Netflow data stream from an unmanaged interface)? I really do not want to add all those interfaces to Orion as advised in some of the previous posts on this matter and I really do not want to be receiving this error message.

Many thanks,

Jiri

• Unfortunatelly there is no option how to disable this message.

But this message occurs only once for each unmanaged interface (for each neftlowservice instance).

• Hi,

thanks for your reply. I do not think it happens only once for each interface. It is very annoying since we have a couple of 4500 series switches with enabled  netflow for bridged traffic. Per Cisco the switch uses the vlan interface as the source and destination interface for the netflow purposes = the L3 vlan interface is reported as the source and destination interface for the bridged traffic. The thing is that  our swicthes are configured as layer 2 and the only L3 interface is the management interface. We monitor only the uplinks and the management interface, however it seems that the switch generates netlow infiormation using the L2 interfaces as source and destination. Which might be an IOS bug. So if I accept the fact that it is happening I would like to be able to filter those annoying messages out of the "Last 25 Events" resource I use in my view.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Jiri

• Hello,

which version of NTA do you have? Can you also post here the body of this message to be sure, that we are talking about same? (Some messages in NTA have expiration time and it occurs again, but others only once). I would like to check it.

Thanks

ET

Anyway you can't set up filter for "Last 25 Events" resource.