0 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2009 11:16 AM by Schwetty

Ability to perfrom IOS Image upgrades in per platform batches

Recently I opened a case for guidance on how to perform IOS image upgrades for my Cisco access switches using Orion NCM.  During the process, I determined the easiest way to perform the task was the use of the 'Executive Command Script' function.  The functionality allows me to write the specific command which will initiate a TFTP session with NCM to pull down the new image.  After that was accomplished I wrote a simple job to show the contents of each switches' flash to confirm the script completed successfully.

Question:

Is a 'canned' version of this functionality on the roadmap?  The type of functionality I'm looking for is identical to what Voyence offers:

1.)  Perform an image standard audit job of switches based on platform.

2.)  Based upon results of the audit job, remedy (schedule remediation) the non-standard switches.

3.)  Have a 'canned' job/function which performs the remedy action.

This functionality will significantly decrease the administration cost of maintaining enterprise image standardization.  It can be done now through an assortment of different functions; however, automation of the process will greatly enhance the product's appeal and functionality.