Greg solved my issues at an alternate thread available here Re: Unexpected Error; quitting - when installing IP Tracker Free
His solution was as follows:
"I was able to get a look at this issue on DDrapers machine (Thanks!), and it was a registry permissions issue.
Please ensure you are installing as an admin, and follow the following steps ensure admins have write access to the registry.
- As always, use care when editing the registry. If you are not sure of what you are doing, please consult someone who can assist you.
- Open Regedit
- Highlight the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key at the very top of the tree.
- Right mouse click the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, and select "Permissions..." from the context menu.
- In the permissions dialog, in the Group or username dialog, if the Administrators group is present, select it, and check "Full control" in the permissions list (if it is already checked, uncheck it and check it again so that the Apply button becomes enabled. If the Administrators group is not present, add it, and give it full control of the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
- Click Apply, then OK.
- Try the installer again, and post any feedback here.
Greg Newman SolarWinds Toolset"
Thanks again to all the team at Thwack and SolarWinds!