I've captured all of these in our database. Thanks.
In regards to #2 (and maybe #1),
How about using AJAX instead to dynamically display the results of the search as the user types the data into the field?
That way, if there is 1 node or 3 nodes, the results are immediately accessible and can be clicked on to display the Node Details page.
I would love to see the search be more than nodes. Like I want to seach for a circuit ID which is capture in an interface description.
We already have a Search Interfaces resources (under Miscellaneous). Does that not do what you want?
I did not even see that. Ok....yes it does what I want but I think it makes better sense to have 1 search window that searches nodes, interfaces, volumes, etc.
1. Search function - When I type an argument in a search field, make Enter the same as clicking on the Search button. Most other searches work that way and I'm a creature of habit :)
2. Node Search - When I search for a node, I generally enter a specific enough search that the return shows only one node. If that's the case, it would save a step if the Node Details page for that node were displayed instead of the "Nodes with Caption similar to" page.
3. Search for NetFlow Endpoint - If I search for an endpoint and the search returns one endpoint with one router listed under it and one interface listed under that, show me the endpoint instead of the "Endpoint Search Results of" page. Otherwise I have to click to expand the endpoint, click to expand the router, and click on the router interface to see the NetFlow Endpoint display.
- I agree 100%. This behaviour was changed in V9.x - pressing Enter in V8.x will start the search.
- This behaviour was changed in V9.x - if a single node was found in V8.x and previous, it would take you directly to the node details page.
- Can't comment on this as I don't have Orion Netflow.