0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2009 11:12 AM by bshopp

Orion IPAM Update

bshopp

Hi folks,

First, I wanted to thank everyone for all of the vibrant discussion on Orion IPAM. As a PM, I can’t thank you enough for providing such valuable feedback, both positive and negative, on our products. As you all know, the feedback that you provide is always taken very seriously, and based on this feedback we are going to be changing the way that Orion IPAM counts managed IP addresses to better meet the spirit of our license model.

Currently, any IP listed in the Orion IPAM product is considered a managed IP and counted towards the license count, whether it was Used, Reserved, Transient, or Available. In an upcoming service release for Orion IPAM, scheduled for June, we will no longer count unused/available IPs as managed IPs. This allows customers to better align their needs to the existing license tiers.

Original Managed IP Count
      Count the number of IPs in any status:

• Used
      • Reserved
      • Transient
      • Available

New Managed IP Count (Available in June)
      Count the number of IPs in only these three status:

• Used
      • Reserved
      • Transient

Unused IPs / Available IPs will not count towards managed IPs.

• Available

In the interim, customers can delete an address from the tool to not manage it. I hope that the folks who were previously turned off by our implementation of the ‘managed IP’ definition will take a look at Orion IPAM again as we want to make this solution the IPAM solution that network engineers want to use.

Brandon
      Orion IPAM Product Manager