This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How does Orion licensing actually work?

I have heard that if I purchase an Orion SL100 license, I may actually be able to monitor more than 100 nodes. Is that true? What if I have 50 nodes and 150 interfaces on those nodes? I know that Orion will discover all 200 of those elements, but how will the import into the Orion database work?

Thanks for clarifying this, so I can know the size license to buy.
  • Stacey, this thread may be helpful in determining how license counts are calculated.

• Good Morning Stacey,

Orion is licensed based on nodes, interfaces and volumes.  An SL100 for example can monitor up to 100 nodes with 100 interfaces and 100 disk volumes.  As soon as one of the element types is full, you will need to upgrade to add any new items of that element.

In your example, an SL250 license would be necessary since more than 100 interfaces were being monitored, even though you had node and volume license still open.

I hope that helps!