12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2009 9:26 AM by Peter.Cooper

Subnet Scan Issue

scott.skalny
      4/24/2009 3:01 PM The scanning of 'Unix Backup Network' started at has failed with error: '4/24/2009 2:47:59 PM'.
       4/24/2009 3:01 PM The scanning of 'SP Network #1' started at has failed with error: '4/24/2009 2:41:24 PM'.

???

No Scanning is working.

• Re: Subnet Scan Issue
          scott.skalny

just tried it again and it worked...odd...

bshopp

Let us know if you see this behavior continue

scott.skalny
                  4/26/2009 9:50 PM The scanning of 'Unix Backup Network' started at has failed with error: '4/26/2009 9:26:51 PM'.
                   4/26/2009 9:50 PM The scanning of 'SP Network #1' started at has failed with error: '4/26/2009 9:26:36 PM'.

Happened again and hasn't scanned since the failure.

hesonder

Had the same problem, all of a sudden got the same error. It would be nice if it was actually giving me more than a timestamp as error.

Anyway, checked the event logs and noticed 2 errors in the SolarWinds.Net log, just when the first scanning failure occurred. The errors were generated by the "WirelessPollingService" (go figure):

• Error Loading Scrach Table Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
                      • Error Opening MainTaskDataReader Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding

Looking in the Application event log I notice .Net Runtime 2.0 Errors related to the sqjobengineworker.exe like :

• EventType clr20r3, P1 swjobenginesvc.exe, P2 1.1.1.5002, P3 49831b14, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebc5b, P7 416b, P8 27, P9 system.objectdisposedexception, P10 NIL.
                      • EventType clr20r3, P1 swjobengineworker.exe, P2 1.1.1.5002, P3 49831b15, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebc5b, P7 dd, P8 10, P9 system.argumentexception, P10 NIL.

Those errors started after I started using IPAM.

After restarting the WirelessPollingService, I was able to scan subnets again!

mandg

Just installed IPAM yesterday and see almost the same symptoms; I'm not seeing anything in the SolarWinds.Net log but do see the .Net 2.0 Errors referencing the "swjobengineworker.exe" process. 

I also see that my APM v2.0 shows all of its test in an unknown state for about 5 minutes until they all come back accurate again. This has happened now 3 times in a 36 hour period.

Again, my only changes were the install of IPAM and SP5 for NPM as a prerequisite. I also added the AJAX hotfix to resolve the error with IE browsers not allowing subnets to be added in IPAM.

I am getting something similar as well. Things start to go "unknown" for a while in the system - yet they are actually fine. At times, the whole server gets mucked up and then I just need to restart all the services again. Seems to be after going to Orion 9.5, but have IPAM sp2 installed.

Specific errors in event log:

EventType clr20r3, P1 swjobengineworker.exe, P2 1.3.0.143, P3 49dfbdf1, P4 solarwinds.net.snmp, P5 2.1.1.36547, P6 49d96666, P7 f2, P8 6, P9 system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.

Peter.Cooper

jtowne, If you're working this weekend, send me an email (by clicking my avatar and looking for the 'send email link'). I'd like to arrange the reception of diagnostic files sooner than later.

If not, can you open a ticket with our support staff... let them know I'm after the diags?

Thanks.