4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2009 6:18 AM by ch.aichhorn

Configuring Basic & Advanced Alerts

Hi,

I was looking at some of the simple alerts available to configure and would like to configure some of the Interface Taffic alerts such that 'Receive bps = 0' & 'Transmit bps < some value'

It's no problem to set this up, but would like to configure an Advanced Alert that triggers when both simple alert conditions are met for say a period of 15 mins.

I can't seem to be able to use these Interface traffic conditions when trying to define an advanced alert.  This doesn't seem to make sense to me.....or am I doing something wrong.

I would have thought any simple can be chosen to be part of an advanced alert.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: Configuring Basic & Advanced Alerts
          bleearg13

Advanced alerts can only be configured to trigger based upon values in the nodes, interfaces, pollers, and virtual machines tables.  I'm pretty sure that you cannot configure the advanced alert to trigger based upon the status of another alert, either basic or advanced.

I would just configure one advanced alert and forget about the basic alerts.  The advanced alerts offer you much more flexibility and can be configured to do everything that a simple alert can do and more.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.  Have managed to configure the alarm as I wanted.

I think I just missed a drop down menu when trying to setup.

;-)

Hi,

i´d like to get an alert if my routers loses a special ospf neighbor. I´ve configured an universal device poller for the ospf neighbor table.

The Problem is that the alert definition triggers an alert when the SQL Statement in the AlertDefinition Table returns an Value. But i need a triggered Alert when the statement returns no value (the special ip is not in the ospf neighbor table).

So i modified the sql statement with an if statement that another ospf neighbor is returned when my special ip is not in the ospf neighbor table, otherwise nothing will be returned.

the sql statment works fine in sql management studio, but there is no alert triggerd.

my sql statement:

if
                  (SELECT CustomPollerStatus.Status AS Status
                  FROM (CustomPollerStatus INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment ON (CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID))  LEFT OUTER JOIN CustomPollers ON (CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID)
                  WHERE 
                  (
                    (CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'ospfNbrRtrId') AND
                    (CustomPollerStatus.Status = '10.0.0.1')
                  )) = '10.0.0.1'
                  (
                  SELECT CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID AS NetObjectID, CustomPollerAssignment.AssignmentName AS Name
                  FROM (CustomPollerStatus INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment ON (CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID))  LEFT OUTER JOIN CustomPollers ON (CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID)
                  WHERE 
                  (
                    (CustomPollerStatus.Status LIKE 'noreturn')
                  ))
                  else
                  (
                  SELECT CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID AS NetObjectID, CustomPollerAssignment.AssignmentName AS Name
                  WHERE 
                  (
                    (CustomPollerStatus.Status NOT LIKE '10.0%')
                  ))
                  go

The LastExecuteTime colum increments every minute and the LastErrorTime Date is some days in the past.

Any Ideas?