18 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 4:52 AM by acmtix

UnDP Graph Scaling

jonchill

I've created a poller to display the number of collisions on an interface in graph form but the scaling is ridiculous.

Is there anyway of either having the graph auto scale or manually change the scaling?

Thanks

• Re: UnDP Graph Scaling
          bleearg13

I've always wanted a way to configure the max scale on the graph.  I know that gauges will let you configure a maximum, but not the UnDP graphs.  Being able to set this, along with other properties of the graph (like units), would be pretty handy.

byrona

I also would love to be able to edit and configure the scale for the graphs created using the UnDP.  Basically, if SolarWinds could implement the same or similiar graphing capabilities/flexibilities as I have with RRD I would be a happy fella!

bshopp

I will log this as an enhancement request in the system

GaryP

Hi, I'm also having a similar issue with a number UnDP graphs I'm creating for voltage, temperature, humidity, etc. It would be extremely useful to be able to manually set scale values for graphs or, even better, have some user accessible interface to scaling.cfg and then be able to manually assign settings to graphs from it.

For example, if I'm monitoring humidity and temperature (from an APC NetBotz) I get the following graphs:

The y-axes on both graphs are way out of range to be useful. I'd also rather they weren't normalised as I'd be able to glance at graphs from different devices (and, hence, different locations) and compare them quickly if they all used the same ranges.

So, any word on if this has made it into 10.0?

twitten

Any word on this? I have 9.5.1 and I don't see how to do this, so I guess it's not in there yet?

riffster

I would like to add my voice to the chorus asking for the ability to change X-axis and Y-axis scaling. My reason is simply to make comparisons between two date ranges easier to interpret by making scales the same instead of pegged to the data contained in the charts.

mark3267

Count me in too!!!

bshopp

Do you want to have to manually set the scale or what if it auto-scaled?

byrona

Do you want to have to manually set the scale or what if it auto-scaled?

Brandon

If you are familiar with RRD functionality, that would be awesome.  I think it would be nice to allow it to auto-scale by default but have the option to override that with a Min & Max.  This is all just thinking out loud and off the cuff.

bleearg13

Brandon

If you are familiar with RRD functionality, that would be awesome.  I think it would be nice to allow it to auto-scale by default but have the option to override that with a Min & Max.  This is all just thinking out loud and off the cuff.

Second this.

SamuelB

Brandon

I also agree with this. This would enable most graphs to work automatically, however, allow them to be manually scaled to provide some highly needed functionality for other graphs.

jonchill

I second this, I get so frustrated particularly when CPU utilisation is between 0 & 10% and all I see on the chart is a line at the very bottom of the graph, with some form of auto\manual scaling some of the graphs are useless without it.

GaryP

Hi all, was sad to see this functionality didn't make it into 10.0

Just to reiterate my previous request, and backup others' suggestions, it would be great to see graphs auto-scale by default but allow the option to manually override min/max y-axis values.

I'm using Orion NPM to monitor a *lot* more than just switches and routers and would love better looking/easier to interpret graphs for all my other devices.

bshopp

We should auto-scale, if not this is a bug.  Let me send this over to Dev to verify and look into what is going on.

raderjm

Sorry to resurrect an older thread.  I am using NPM 10.1.  The UnDP charts seem to be auto-scaling at the moment, but I wanted control of the maximum values.  Has anyone found a way to do this?  I've only been using the product for a little over a month so I'm sure I could be overlooking an option to modify these settings.

Respectfully,

Jeff

byrona

Sorry to resurrect an older thread.  I am using NPM 10.1.  The UnDP charts seem to be auto-scaling at the moment, but I wanted control of the maximum values.  Has anyone found a way to do this?  I've only been using the product for a little over a month so I'm sure I could be overlooking an option to modify these settings.

Respectfully,

Jeff

Auto-scaling is automatically set for UnDP charts and as far as I am aware there is not a way to change this.

fcaron

Seems like autoscale is the default and only mode for the Y Axis of UnDP charts; users cannot control the max (or min) value of the Y Axis.

As posted by Brandon earlier, this has been logged as an enhancement request but unfortunately, this has not made NPM 10.1. (20153).

This is still on the list for future releases.

Francois Caron - Snr Product Manager.

acmtix

Was this ever implemented, this is causing me massive problems giving reports to end users.