You can find details in the Administrator Guide, starting on page 173:
1. Click Nodes > New Node.
2. Type the node hostname or IP address on the Add Node window, and then click OK.
3. Ensure the correct information is provided on the Node Details window:
• If you want to send an email or page, check Send E-Mail/Page notifications for events on this node. You will need to configure your SMTP settings to receive email and page alerts. For more information, see “Configuring Network Monitor Settings” on page 176.
• Poll interval is the frequency with which the node is polled using ICMP.
• Fast poll interval is the frequency with which the node is polled when packet loss occurs. If the device does not respond during the fast poll interval, it is considered down. While in the fast poll interval, it is considered in a warning state.
4. Click the Icons & Sounds tab, and then specify any customizations to the node icons and sounds used for Active, Warning, and Inactive states.
5. Click Close.
You can also import nodes, for which there are instructions on page 174.