This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Installing a new MIB

FormerMember
FormerMember

Orion 9.1 SP5

How do I install a MIB for a new device? I've got the mib files from the vendor and want to do some custom polling.

Thanks

• First check that you have installed the latest MIB database available for Orion.

1. Login to the Customer Portal.
    2. Click on Orion MIB Database to download the updated MIB.
    3. Follow the instructions in the Readme file included in the Archive.

If the MIB you are looking for is still not there, you will have to open a support ticket and attach the files to the email you received once the case is created.

A new MIB database is usually compiled every week but this may vary.

Note that if you know the OID you need to poll, none of the above steps is required, you can simply type in the OID while creating the Universal Device Poller instead of clicking on Browse MIB Tree.

HTH,

Yann

• I know this post was a little time back. 

When I log into the portal, I do not see any link for Orion MIB Database.

I have tried using the search on their site etc... to no avail.  I am sure its the snake in the grass right in front of me, but I do not see it.

your insight is appreciated.

• Once you log into the customer portal it should be on the left hand nav under helpful links and is called Orion MIB Database