This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Report Creation

It would be great if there was a way to get a summary/detailed report on all active Basic and Advanced alerts. The only way to get any info is to go into the SQL DB and query the Alerts table.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Did you know if you go to the Report Writer, click New, you can create a custom report of type "Active Alerts".  That should allow you to do what you want more easily.

• What fields would need to go into this report to get the data I need? Active Alerts are alerts that are actually fired at the current time. I am looking for a report of All configured alerts active or not.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to OTazMan

Your original post said "active alerts", so this might not be what you need.  If you know the SQL, you can use Report Writer to build an Advanced SQL Query.

• The alerts table doesn't have the information I am looking for where are the alerts that are in use stored with all of their settings in the SQL DB?

OT

• The Alerts table stores only the basic alerts - if you need the Advanced alerts, you'll find these under the "AlertDefinitions" table. This stores the settings for the advanced alerts, whether they are enabled or disabled.

• Has a report been created to show what alerts are setup for each node in the database or is this something being worked on for future release.

I would like to have a report that shows all alerts by node and what the trigger and reset is on the alerts. I am not able to create this in Report Writer since it only has basic alert information and not Advanced Alert information and my limited SQL knowledge I can not create this from scratch using SQL.

I would like to be able to see what nodes I have setup with what alerts and the triggers and messages the alerts send out so that I can either add nodes or change the alert messages and also provied my boss with a report as to what we are alerting on.

If someone has created a report like this could they please share it out in the Content Exchange?

Thanks in advance.

• I have been looking for the same thing for many years now.  Did you ever find an answer?

As it is, the following is what I must do to get this information and again when it needs to be audited / verified ***

go to 'Configure Basic Alerts' in Orion Network Performance Monitor and chose the alert (in this case Riverbed Up/Down) and Edit the alert.

move to Property To Monitor tab and search top to bottom for which Property's are checked (Node Status / Status) {document in XLS}

Move to Monitored Network Objects tab and check the DB Objects  {type names in XLS}

Move to Alet Trigger tab and check the Trigger Alert Status  {type status in XLS}

Move to Time of Day tab {type information in XLS}

Move to Alert Suppression tab and check the radio button {record info in XLS}

Move to Actions tab and open alert actions like LogAlert & Execute an External program or VB Script or sent SNMP Trap.... {add info to XLS}

** This will need to be repeated for ALL ALERTS (in our case over 20 separate Alerts to be documented **
    Stan
    SolarWinds Orion Core 2011.1.0, APM 4.0.2 SP1, NCM 6.1, NPM 10.1.2, IVIM 1.1.1 Copyright 1995-2011 All Rights Reserved

• Agreed, it would be very nice to have a report that could be ran.  I am looking for this as well.