5 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2009 2:51 PM by jnathlich

Stored Procedue to populate custom property

Does anyone have any experience using a stored procedure on their SQL server to populate a custom property on a recurring schedule?

For example, I want to create a custom property with a floating value that contains the delta of the volume space used over the past hour.  I want to populate this value every 60 minutes using a stored procedure which calcluates this delta.

I have the SQL query for this and I do it outside of Orion in a static report.  I would like to move it into a custom property so I can alert based on this value.

Thanks

• Re: Stored Procedue to populate custom property
          sotherls

pgraham,

I have been doing this in my SQL for some time and it works great. I configured a SQL Agent job to run on a regualr basis, actually have several running at different times for various CP's.

It can be done, just let me know what you need to know to make it work.

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering if anyone had tried and hit any issues.  Sounds like I can give it a try then.

Sotheris,

Any chance you can post that SQL agent query?  I'm going through the 'get UnDP data onto a map' scenario. I'm using a UnDP to query the amperage from a PDU, so would like to populate a custom property in the nodes table for my PDU's.  I think it would run every 5 minutes, but there's only 30 or so PDU's so I don't think it'll stress the system much.

My sql is, uh.. adequate, but at the moment the table structure of the Orion DB's looks a little daunting.  Hmm.. maybe it's just a coffee issue.

sotherls

More than happy to help....

If it is for updating from a custom property this is one I use to push the current temperature from our APC environmental units to a custom property.

UPDATE dbo.nodes
                    set temp = tempf,
                    TempTime = LastPolled
                    from (
                    select distinct caption, TempF, dateadd(hour, -5, datetime) as 'LastPolled'
                    from (
                    select c.caption, round(cast(a.status as varchar),0) as Tempf, a.datetime
                    from dbo.CustomPollerStatus A
                    join dbo.CustomPollerAssignment B
                    on b.CustomPollerAssignmentID = a.CustomPollerAssignmentID
                    join dbo.nodes C
                    on b.nodeid = c.nodeid
                    where b.AssignmentName like '%APCEM_temp%'
                    ) subquery
                    ) as T, dbo.Nodes as T1
                    where t.caption = t1.caption

See if this makes sense.....