This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HTML Monitor

We currently use the HTML Monitor to look at web pages and determine wether they are up or down, and gather some small piece of content to verify functionality. I also see that you can set up a Form Login to test that function. What I would like to know is can these things be nested? As in, can I have it log into a site, then submit a query in a search field, and lastly look for content or key word in the resultant page? 

If I could do this I could replace the current web monitoring system with Orion, it would be great if I could consolidate these functions.

-Thanks.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

No, we can't have them execute in a chain to create a single monitor.  It's something we're considering for the future.  What tool are you using now?

• We are using SiteScope, from Mercury, though I think HP bought them a few years back. The program is several years old but has some nice features. The key feature is a user experience monitor that allows for chaining several steps together to really simulate a user. For example, log into the following site, do a search via these fields, and look in the results for data X. If the data is not found then it can take some action, for example send a IIS Reset or an alert notification.

It seems like a good fit for Orion. I am glad to hear you are considering it.