This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

fiber channel ports - Brocade models - OID problems with seeing ports in Orion

I have multiple Brocade fiber channel switches.

The Model 4900 Silkworm is discovered into Orion. And Orion System Manager sees all its fiber ports.

However, the module models of Brocade inside Blade-servers do not show fiber ports in Orion. Yet the OID is nearly identical.

Can someone offer a FAST fix or suggestion for this? Thanks.

• Do the module model support the Interfaces MIB (1.3.6.1.2.1.2) ?

A MIB walk on the OID will give you a fast response.

If it does not support the Interfaces MIB but that Brocade provides a private Interfaces MIB, you can create Universal Device Pollers to monitor your fiber ports.

HTH,

Yann

• thanks for your response Yann.

yes it does support the Interfaces MIB and i've since created a Universal Device Poller group for these fiber ports. its not as well done in presentation but it works.

QUESTION: is there any way to include Custom Poller (UnDP) ports into the view which is named OVERVIEW? (this may be a Feature Request, if so, let me know)

thanks again.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to lchance

QUESTION: is there any way to include Custom Poller (UnDP) ports into the view which is named OVERVIEW? (this may be a Feature Request, if so, let me know)

This isn't possible, but it's something we'll consider.  Do you use Overview a lot?  How do you use it?

• When I train users on Solarwinds I stress using OVERVIEW to find their node quickly and also see any issues with an interface. In my humble opinion, it’s the most important area in Orion to spot issues quickly or else find the way to a node/interface. I also think APM would fit in well with OverView. Thanks.