This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UnDP and VMware MIB and HBA and disk volumes

is this a bug?

i've built a poller for VMware HBA and have it assigned to VMware objects but it does not show up in Node Details view on any of my VMware HOST. has anyone seen this?

1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.2.2.1.1 This number corresponds to the vm's index in the VM info table.

1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.2.2.1.4 Virtual device type for this adapter.

also,

do i understand it right that VMware MIB fixes are due in the next NPM service pack? that is, where i can see LUN volumes, disk info, .etc?

this has become a very critical issue for my company using Solarwinds.

thanks.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

do i understand it right that VMware MIB fixes are due in the next NPM service pack? that is, where i can see LUN volumes, disk info, .etc?

These are not "fixes".  Monitoring LUNs, etc. would constitute a feature because we've never provided that functionality. Expanding the vmware features is something we're considering.

• thanks. the LUNs work great with the Windows OS and Orion - but it is a big issue with VMware across the board.

i'm struggling trying to make use of UnDP to work with VMware drives - Orion does not see native drives in VMware - is this correct or am i missing something?

on another issue:

how about the CPU issue with VMware 3.0.x - this is really beating me up with reports to management. is there a fix for that coming soon? thanks again...

• I would also love to see some additional monitoring for ESX disk I/O.  All of our ESX storage is SAN based, so monitoring I/O for HBAs is becoming critical for us.

I'd also be happy if there were some UnDPs for drive space utilization on our vmfs volumes.

• I would like to have the same functionality on the VMware ESX details for the disk table as we get now for the CPU, Memory, and Network. The OID's are easy enough to pull, but it is the assoication with a particular VM and transforming the data from the counter that it is into a useful "gauge" that would be much appreciated.

$oids = array(
        "hbaname" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.3.3.1.2",
        "numreads" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.3.3.1.5",
        "kbread" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.3.3.1.6",
        "vmid" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.2.1.1.7",
        "displayname" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.2.1.1.2",
        "hbavmid" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.3.3.1.3",
        "index" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.3.3.1.1",
        "numwrites" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.3.3.1.7",
        "kbwritten" => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6876.3.3.1.8"
            );

If we knew where to write the custom SQL we could do it ourselves. We are just learning all this stuff ourselves.