2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 8:33 PM by egua5261

Netflow: Chart error - no data

Hi There,

I'm hoping someone can help and point me in the right direction. I've been using netflow for a while now and it's been really good apart from some occasional chart-errors when the netflow node details load up. However these have been more frequent in the last two days, I get this error, instead of the actual graphs, "Chart error - no data" (see the attached file). But it seems to affect only some netflow sources as the graphs are displayed for other netflow sources. I'm not sure it it will be database related but when i try to access the database settings via the web console, it is timing out. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Paul.

• Re: Netflow: Chart error - no data
          Yann

Hello,

1) On the NetFlow Summary Page, is the Last Received field up to date for the interfaces/router displaying a "Chart error - no data"?

The devices might have stopped sending the flow or the NTA module is encountering some issues handling the flows.

2)

but when i try to access the database settings via the web console, it is timing out

Timeouts in the web console can usually be correlated to slowness from the Database Server.

NetFlow Logs:

The Application, SolarWinds.Net and System logs should give us further information.

The \Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\swdebug.log.x files too.

WebConsole Log:

You might find useful information in the \Inetpub\Solarwinds\OrionWeb.log file.

I would recommend you to open a support ticket and attach the diagnostics to the automatic reply.

Thanks,

Yann

• Re: Netflow: Chart error - no data

Hi Yann,

Thanks for your quick response. I have checked and found out the Last Received fields were in fact not up to date for those interfaces. The devices in fact stopped sending the flows. I had the wrong ports configured in the router, we experienced a power outage last week, i'm pretty sure the running conf was not saved and came back with the wrong flow configuration in the router. All fixed. Thanks a lot for you help!

Regards,

Paul.