This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Powerware UPS MIBs

Does anyone here know how to get Orion to pull the Powerware MIB that shows the Battery install date or last time the batteries were tested?  I would like to try and get Orion to get this information that have to buy another network tool.

• Do an snmpwalk with net-snmp, and see if you can pull up any mibs that the device knows about.

I see the mib definitions are found at http://www.powerware.com/UPS/Connectivity/Firmware_Flash_Utilities.asp?CC=1

Another MIB definition - thanks, solarwinds!: http://support.ipmonitor.com/mibs/XUPS-MIB/raw.aspx (raw mib output)

Looking at this raw output, I don't see any mibs that show either install date or battery test time.

• Thanks. Those helped alot. I founf what I needed. I just over looked when I was on the Eaton site. Now I just have to figure out how to report on custom MIB's. :)

• The reporting tool supports custom MIBs - just select the fields PollerName, OID, etc.

I've got a sql query I use for polling CRC errors and duplex errors - a bit complex, but it boils down to:

"WHERE CustomPollers.OID = '1.3.6.1.2.1.10.7.2.1.19' AND RawStatus != 1"

SELECT Interfaces.InterfaceIcon, Interfaces.OperStatusLED, Nodes.NodeID, Interfaces.FullName, CustomPollerAssignment.InterfaceID,Replace(Replace(Replace(RawStatus,'3','Full Duplex (3)'), '2', 'Half Duplex (2)'),'1','Unknown/Shutdown (1)') AS RawStatus, Interfaces.InterfaceSpeed, Interfaces.InErrorsToday, Interfaces.OutErrorsToday FROM CustomPollerAssignment
    JOIN CustomPollers
    ON CustomPollers.CustomPollerID = CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID
    JOIN CustomPollerStatus
    ON CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID
    JOIN Nodes
    ON CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID
    JOIN Interfaces
    ON  CustomPollerAssignment.InterfaceID = Interfaces.InterfaceID
    WHERE CustomPollers.OID = '1.3.6.1.2.1.10.7.2.1.19' AND RawStatus != 1 AND Interfaces.OperStatus = 1 AND (Interfaces.InErrorsToday > 10 OR Interfaces.OutErrorsToday > 10)

• Thanks again. I know absolutly nothing about SQL scripts. This gave me alittle to go on.

I am trying to run a report on Battery Replacement dates and can see where the raw values are stored in the database to referance on the reports. If you or anyone can suggest a good site to get some SQL scrips ideas that would be helpful.

• Does anyone have the default snmp so I can even get this into Orion other than just pining the device? PowerWare 9315

• nevermind .. I was able to serial cable into the unit .. all goood