This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request: NPM:: Maps with no Nodes

Hi,

I have a number of maps i am creating for my estates group which only displays BMS and door controllers.

Some of the maps have all the buildings but some of the buildings dont have any bms devices in them yet so the problem is that if you reference this map (the one with all the buildings with one the represents the site) the site shows as yellow.

While I still want to have the maps available even if there are no nodes i wouldnt like the fact that there are no nodes to affect the maps status. The map is still useful as they can include floor plans.

Also in addition and i not sure how possible this is but lets say i have the following:

Network Staff

• They need to be able to view all objects on a map including drilling down into each of them

Estates Staff

• They need to be able to view the exact same map excluding all those devices which they do not have access to. Basically they cant see them at all. At the moment if you create a view limitation they can see them and the status but cant drill down into the node.

This would save me from having to create complete map trees for various user groups.

Two example trees at the moment

Organisation Summary - Networks

Site Summary - Networks

Building Summary - Networks

Floor Summary - Networks

Organisation Summary - Estates

Site Summary - Estates

Building Summary - Estates

Floor Summary - Estates

As you can see this becomes a pain in the map maker finger to recreate.

Kind Regards

Miron