3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2011 1:40 AM by charly_DF

can't get into web interface.....

Hello,

When I try to login to the web interface i get the following errorm message on the browser:

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

In event viewer I get the following error:

Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

any suggestions?

• Re: can't get into web interface.....
          Yann

Hi,

You should have further information about the error in the Application and System Event logs.

Start > run > eventvwr + ok

It seems you are having some permissions issues, probably to start the "Solarwinds Orion NPM" COM+ application.

The configuration wizard might have had some difficulties to install the web console.

Check the \Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\ConfigurationWizard.log file.

You can try to re-run the configuration wizard on the website section, that cannot hurt.

Start > All Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Configuration and Auto-Discovery
           > Configuration Wizard

Select Website and follow the steps.

Check the COM+ app as well:

Start > run > dcomcnfg + Ok

Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > COM+ Applications

Right-click on Solarwinds Orion NPM and select Start.

If that does not start check why in the App and System Event logs.

HTH,

Yann