1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 8:45 AM by bshopp

NPM SQL 2000 to 2005 Migration Problem

alpteb

Hello,

I am using NPM 8.5.1 with sql 2000 server. I would like to migrate to sql 2005. I took database backup from sql 2000 and restored it to sql 2005. But when I start the configuration wizard and point the restored database I get an error like this:

' Could not add Column CustomPollerAssignment.PollerID to the Database.[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] ALTER TABLE only allows columns to be added that can contain nulls, or have a DEFAULT definition specified, or the column being addded is an identity ot timestamp column, or alternatively if none of the previous conditions are satisfied the table must be empty to allow addition of this column. Column 'PollerID' cannot be added to non-empty table 'CustomPollerAssignment' because it does not satisfy these conditions'

How can I overcome this problem? Answers are greatly appreciated. I have recently purchased hot standby engine but I want to first migrate to sql 2005 then upgrade to NPM 9.1 and then install hot stanby. I have a lot to do :)