This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to add custom MIB to Solarwinds NPM

Hi,

I am a new with solarwinds, and I need help :), I don't know how to add new mib to solarwinds NPM,

I have fortinet.mib and I don't know is it enought put that mib in to C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Common folder. pls help

regards,

Davor

• have you tried a private MIB WALK on your device yet? it appears to me the MIB file in Orion is Fortinet 'ready', so to speak.

i say that because i see that vendor when i use the SNMP MIB Browser, Fortinet is at this position 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356 and this info comes from the local Orion MIB file.

after the MIB WALK, if you don't see it (the OID you really need) then the folks at Solarwinds are good to add new MIBs to the next release if you ask them.

• I have problem with Fortinet HA and SNMP on Solarwinds, I have cheked on Fortinet site and thay say that I must inport custom fortinet.mib in to my snmp manager and I don't know how :)

what is private MIB WALK and how can I try it?

• if you have a toolset like Solarwinds Engineer Toolset it has a MIB WALK tool to walk STANDARD and PRIVATE mibs. all you do is just put in your device's IP and it's SNMP string. the output will display that device's MIBs/OIDs. or you can use something else like SAPWALK http://www.smplsft.com/sapnews.html or there's another named Getif http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/getif.htm

my experience so far with Orion is, if the SNMP MIB BROWSER (another tool in the Eng Toolset) sees your device's MIB structure and you can verify the OID then you won't need to import a seperate MIB file. it should work with Orion's Universal Device Poller plus be recognized in Orion's discovery.

if these don't work for you then it sure sounds like you'll need to request for that Fortinet MIB be included in the next Orion release, unless they do that sort of thing faster.

• I need to import an MIB file in NPM! How to?