This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM- Node Details- need to add Interface Description

Hello

Q1- View: in the "Node Details" Right bottom under "Current Percentage Utilization of Each Interface". I need to display the Interface Description in addition to Interface Type Ethernet0/0. Or just replace "Ethernet0/0" by its descr say "VSAT Link to London"

Q2-  I grouped my devices by Area then by Location then by Vendor

Cascaded Grouping Levels Exple:  East > London > Cisco > Router1

I want to have Availability statistics by any of these grouping level, to see how the whole Eastern Region is performing, or what is Cisco devices availabilty just in London ?

Thank you

• Kiwi,

Q1: The  Current Percent Utilization of each Interface  should show the description anyway or do you want it to show a new table with a column for interface Type and a column for the description. I include a screenshot of one of my devices and the descriptions which SW picks up automatically.

Q2: Are you talking about having the availability statistics in a report, and if so are you looking for the sql code. Will be easy to do in report write however you would need to create a separate report for each grouping you wanted

EG Reports:

Availability: East>London

Availability: East>London>Cisco

Availability: East>London>Juniper

Availability: East>Miles From Nowhere>

Availability: East>Miles From Nowhere> Cisco

Availability: East>Miles From Nowhere> Juniper

etc

if you have  small amount of these groupings then it should be easy , if you have a vast amount and need dynamic availability reports then im not sure how to do that.

Regards

Miron

• Thank you Miron.

Q1: Yes u r right, I should have taken a device having interface desciption  :)

Q2: I have some 400 boxes and I need to produce a report like the cascaded grouping you mentioned. I'll see what can I do with Report Writer otherwise I'll get back to the forum.

Thanks