11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 6:10 PM by neilmborilla

HELP PLEASE URGENT QUSTION  !!!

I cannot collapse the nodes discovered and showing in my NPM website resulting in a cluttered unweildy view, please help.

The + shows besides the devices/sites but they are aslready expanded.

• Re: HELP PLEASE URGENT QUSTION  !!!
          Miron

Mate,

In order to collapse you need to group by a property , so as to create a tree structure. Ensure that your resource is an all nodes tree. to group by node property click on edit, under group by node select the groups you want.

If you find that this was working before but no longer or the groups are custom properties that dont show up in there, then you will have to update your report schema (normally if you upgrade to new SP)

In custom property editor , right click menu bar, click customise, click commands tab, scroll down the commands section to the update report schemas and drag to menu bar. click on this and it should update.

Hope one of these solves your issues mate.

Miron

Miron & BB,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have the tree structure but everything is showing in an expanded view and I want it initially in collapsed view so has to have a more limited view and expend as necessary.

At the risk of sounding thick please tell me what else I might try. I have grouped the nodes discovered by property using the 3 groups I want but they are all expanded making the list very long when ideally I'd want to just see the locations which I can then expand as desired. The groups are new custom properties and they show up in the edit screen as expected.

I have updated the report schema as directed. I dont know if it has ever worked as we have really used the web interface of the product.

I am desperate for this to work.

Cheers.

Miron

Mate,

so basically everything is expanded. I cant recall ever seeing a setting that instructs the website to expand everything as default. (sorry) will have a look but im sure someone at sw will give you a solution before i find it:-)

what happens if you delete and recreate the resource.

Thanks Miron,

We dont use the web interface but the server seide is polling and sending alerts so I will not like to ado something that would affect the production environment.

When you say delete the resorce do you mean rediscover the nodes all over again? Please clarify with steps if possible.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Martha.

Miron

Martha,

I must apologise im not exactly catching the problem here.

You say you dont use the web interface but your initial issue said that your web view is cluttered because everything is expanded. Can you confirm

When i say delete the resource I mean when you go to Admin, Manage View, Select the View, Delete the resource within the view that is showing all the nodes, then click the green plus for add new resource, expand node list, select All Nodes Tree. Click preview on the view and edit the new resource with your grouping levels.

There will be no need to rediscover the nodes again.

Regards

Miron

Showing our summary view which includes a group resource. we filter to only show down nodes rather than up nodes

Miron,

I apologise if I'm confusing the issue here, the web interface has until now not been used but we get alerts from the NPM so that is why I was being cautious.

I will try to implement the steps as directed when i get to work tomorrow.

I really appreciate ur time and assistance.

Cheers,

Martha.

neilmborilla

1. What if you disable the alerts for the mean time?

2. Can you specify what version are you running?

3. Have you tried reinstalling the application using the wizard?

4. Best way that I may suggest is that to create support ticket for prompt resolution of your problem. =)

Hi, thanks for your responses and I apologise for the delay in getting back to you, I was away.

The version we are running is v8.1.3. I have tried running the create a website wizard again to no avail.

See a snapshot of what is looks like, I have built the structure to show discovered devices by site and then device type.

[View:/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.02.93.28/Bracknell.doc]

Please see attached above. As you can probably imagine, I have several sites with several devices under each sub-header - network, ups and wireless and I am unable to collapse these nodes, the page is massively long. What I would want is to have these headers collapsed and I can expand and drill down as necessary if there is a problem.

Thanks again.

Martha.

BryanBecker

Yes...please use the All  Nodes - Tree (AJAX) view which allows you to group nodes using 3 levels of nesting.  As Miron as stated use the Custom Property editor to create those columns to group on.  That should fix your problem.

BB