This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unistalling Netflow - can never drop the netflow tables once installed?

I was instructed *by SolarWinds* how to uninstall netflow 3.1 and drop its tables to troubleshoot an issue I was having with NPM (data gaps).  After doing this,  I am unable to delete any interfaces in NPM.  I opened a second case with SolarWinds, thinking the NPM issue was unrelated.  This tech is now saying:

"If you had NetFlow and uninstalled it, then someone removed the NetFlow tables.  If that is the case, then the database is the problem.  The software sees that this was a NetFlow source so it is trying to remove it from all tables, including that (note: he  means the NetFlowSources table).  Since it cannot find this table, it's erroring out.  I would recommend getting that table back.  You may have to temporarily reinstall NetFlow to create that table during the configuration wizard, then uninstall NetFlow again."

Is it true that once Netflow has been installed the Netflow tables must remain there forever afterwards, even if the module is uninstalled?

Is it really true that if NPM cannot find one table, it cannot delete the data from the other tables either?

Thanks.

Debbi

• I believe if once removed the NTA tables, you remove the Trigger named "NetFlowTriggerAfterDeleteInterface" that belong to the Interfaces table, you should be allowed to delete NPM interfaces that were at some stage a NetFlow source.

I have not tested it yet.

HTH,

Yann

• Thanks.  The tech almost had me re-installing Netflow to restore the tables to fix this, then he investigated and sent the query to run, thank goodness.

It's odd, though.  To prove the issue might not be related to the NetFlowSources table, I installed a new switch wtih a *never-used-before (never was a Netflow Source) IP address*.  I added it to Orion, then found I also could not delete its interface.  How could this be related to NetFlow tables?

Debbi