This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ability to set Critical or Warning State on Orion WebPage after X amount of polls condition is met

FormerMember
FormerMember

It would be nice to be able to setup the Orion Webpage to not show an application in a warning or critical state until the condition has existed for at least X amount of polls.

Occasionally we have some sites that have thresholds set and they go to a Warning or Critical state after the threshold it passed but the next poll everything is normal. These spikes are part of a normal day. We'd like to setup the view on the website to not show the application in warning or critical until 2 or 3 polls have passed with the threshold crossed.

Thanks.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

You can do that with alerts, but I hadn't heard the request for web pages before.  Interesting.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Yeah. I knew about the setting for alerts which is great. However we have alot of people that can view the website and we don't want little spikes in APM monitors or Node Monitors that only occur during one poll to cause the maps to go red or yellow. So the ability to smooth out those spikes would really be a big help. Keeps the questions to a minimum. : - )

• Why not simply customize the thresholds either for the entire application monitor template or this specific assigned application monitor? If this a normal occurrence, it makes sense to customize the template or monitor to your own environment.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to qle

I cannot set the thresholds as high as the spikes because the spikes are actually bad but only if the condition exists for X amount of minutes. I don't want the item to turn red or yellow because of one poll that crosses the threshold if the next poll is back to normal however if 2 or 3 polls are crossing the threshold then it would be a problem.